He Left Me
I was committed to the relationship. I was in it for life.
People warned me it wouldn’t last. And deep down, I knew that was true.
All of the signs were there:
- The late night calls or “updates”.
- The hours of silence.
- The inability to get turned on.
- The demands and ultimatums with words like “cleanup” and “not enough storage”. Did he have no sentimental feelings about our past together?
- The many times I was ready to go and he had no energy.
- The recent episodes of mansplaining.*
I tried to prepare when I saw the end of the relationship coming, but it still seemed sudden. One minute he was with me. Then he was just gone. Taking friends, memories, business contacts. It was over, quicker than it had started.
I had a replacement within 24 hours. Thankfully, I was on good enough terms with my ex that when FedEx delivered my new phone, he willing shared our memories and contacts.
I am working hard on building a new relationship. I need to learn what pleases my new phone. What works, what doesn’t.
Excuse me while we spend some time together, alone, getting to know each other.
*My husband did the mansplaining. “Have you restarted it?”, “See it says, ‘use the volume toggle to move up or down the menu to choose how to reboot and press the home key.” Thank you. I love you.